What a joy it is to unexpectedly meet up with an old friend! My family lost contact with a dear friend a few years ago (due to various moves along with email and phone changes on both our parts). Every so often we would hopefully ask each other if we've heard from her and we were saddened when we had not. We tried various searches without success.
Then, fairly recently, I joined Facebook on a whim. I had seen our son using the program and had assumed it was mainly for teens and young adults. However, after noticing a few friends at work using the program, I thought I would check it out. It has been awesome! I have been amazed at the number of old friends from high school who have contacted me. Also, it has reunited us with our lost friend/sister. A few days after signing up, I was surprised to see a message from her! Of course, I immediately called my parents. They were so excited that they let their breakfast burn because they were so eager to check their computer for messages. Facebook has been such fun and easy way to keep in contact with people.
No comments:
Post a Comment